4/3/12

Learning Humility

Do any of my mama friends out there have a "Super Woman" Complex? I am learning I cannot always be everything to everyone and everywhere all of the time. I am 32 years old and I am just now learning that? I know, I know. It should have been something I learned long ago. I have seemed to be one of those moms that goes and goes and goes... and goes until the steam is all gone. No more left to give. No more left to give. That is what I woke up crying the other night. I have been experiencing the physical and emotional pains of what happens when you push yourself too hard, too much.

I know my midwife said to take it easy. I heard the people say to rest. I even read an article that my dear friend, Angie sent to me on how to avoid postpartum blues and other challenges that come to new moms. My husband took a whole week off so I could!! Sweet man that he is.  I thought I knew better. I thought I could do it all. I thought... wrong. Now, here I am. On my back. Can't get up for 2 weeks. It's my fault. Now I need to learn my lesson and forgive myself. What is the lesson? The lessons I am taking from this painful, emotional experience are:

1) I am mortal.
2) It's okay to ask for help. (I hate this one, still. Sorry.)
3) It's okay to love myself AND to care for myself.
4) The dishes and laundry are not going to go anywhere.
5) My body DOES need time to heal.
6) Kegal exercises are super important!! Don't underestimate or overestimate your body. (if you have more than 2 kids, especially!)
7) Not all medicinal herbal teas are safe to drink when you are breastfeeding.
8) I HAVE AN AMAZING MOTHER, WHO IS A SUPER WOMAN TO ME.
9) I have incredible friends who are really in tune with God's spirit.
10) God loves me so much and is completely aware of my trials.
11) Miracles still happen every day.
12) F00T ZONING IS REAL AND WORKS!!
13) Still learning... I will finish this post later...

New quote I have up in my bedroom from my sweet friend, Angie:
"I am a beloved, cherished daughter of the Most High God."

No comments: